Interested in competing?
Participants must identify and recruit a team that includes at least one faculty member from the University of Pittsburgh. Think carefully about the problem you want to solve and develop ideas for a creative solution. Then, create a short (less than two minutes) video that:
- Defines the challenging health problem
- Presents the innovative solution
- Introduces the team of problem solvers
The video submission for Round One must meet the following requirements:
- The video must be two minutes or less in length (unless competing for Bonus Award)
- The video must address the contest challenge question.
- The video must be posted on a publicly available site (e.g., YouTube, Vimeo). When posting your video on a hosting site, please:
- disable comments
- do not use copyrighted materials (e.g., background music)
- do not password-protect your video
- If you are using Vimeo, please make sure that the video is available to download.
- Consider this video a public disclosure. If you are worried about how to talk about potential intellectual property, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll help you get in touch with the Innovation Institute and learn more about the invention disclosure process.
If you would like to be considered for the Bonus Award:
- Use an additional 25 seconds at the end of your Round One video application describing how the project addresses epidemic or pandemic health issues (total video = 2 minutes and 25 seconds).
- Bonus eligibility will be determined by a review panel convened to consider the potential impact of the work on an epidemic or pandemic. Selection for PInCh awards is independent of whether a particular project is eligible for a bonus award. Subsequent judging will be the same as other PInCh projects; eligible awards will just be larger.
Need help making a video?
Visit the Resources & Education Page and/or contact us firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enter the contest:
- Log in to the Powered by PInCh contest management system using either a HSConnect account, LinkedIn account, or Powered By PInCh account. If you do not have an HSConnect account, click the “Create one now!” link on the right side of the page. Or create a Powered by PInCh account by selecting "Log in using your Powered by PInCh account" and selecting "Register as a new user" on the top right of the screen.
- Note: HSConnect is a secure authentication system supported by the Health Sciences Department at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Complete your profile to tell us who you are. Invite other team members to join by using the “Invite Team Member” link and entering their email addresses (they will receive an email with a link to the PInCh contest management site).
- Note: At least one member of your team must be a Pitt faculty member.
- Register your idea by creating a new project. Please provide:
- a short project title (which will be used to identify your team publicly)
- a one-sentence description of your solution
- a brief project abstract
- Submit a link to your video during the Round One submission period. Please make sure that your video is not password-protected.