The mission of our core is to accelerate the dissemination and implementation (D&I), and hence the impact, of translational research. We define impact as the positive effects of research on the health and well-being of individuals, communities, and populations; and on healthcare delivery and the economy.
We believe that gaining familiarity with the theories, frameworks, and methods of D&I Science* allows researchers at any stage on the translational continuum to design their studies with an eye to impact.
Our core offers tools, services, and training that come from D&I Science so that you can optimize the impact of your research.
Some of the Consulting Services We Offer:
- The Path to Impact Guide
- Path to Impact examples
- Review of grant proposals/current research projects.
- Identification of resources related to D&I Science.
- Assistance with applying for CTSI D&I Science Pilot Awards.
- Assistance with community engagement, an essential part of impactful research.
- Assistance with human-centered design techniques to support impactful research.
CTSI's IMPACT Core, Pitt DISC (D&I Science Collaborative), and the VA Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion (CHERP) D&I Core invite you to join our monthly discussions of dissemination and implementation in practice.