Social Media Guidelines
We are thrilled to provide a community for fans to engage with the Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) at the University of Pittsburgh on a variety of social media platforms as CTSI, Pitt+Me and All of Us Pennsylvania. We want to hear your opinions and feedback, while being respectful of us and others.
Below you can find the house rules we apply to our pages, in addition to the standard social media platform terms of which you can find on their sites.
Our profiles and information shared on our profiles are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure, or prevent disease. Please consult with your primary care physician if you are sick, injured or otherwise. Please dial 911 if you are in need of emergency medical assistance. For mental health or other crisis help, please call Resolve Crisis Services at 1-888-7-YOU-CAN (796-8226).
Please note that our social media pages are regularly monitored Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- If you have a question about a particular Pitt+Me study or your account, please call our team at 1-866-438-8230 Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays. You can also email PittPlusMe@pitt.edu.
- If you have already joined a Pitt+Me study and have a question, please reach out directly to the study team.
- If you have a question about All of Us Pennsylvania, please call 800-664-0480 or email AllofUsPA@pitt.edu
- If you have a question about CTSI, please fill out our contact us request form.
Our social profiles are intended to be a space for you and other Users to engage with CTSI, Pitt+Me and All of Us Pennsylvania. Please note that CTSI or the University of Pittsburgh does not necessarily endorse nor is responsible for the accuracy of information, opinions, claims or advice shared by social media users in all forms (including comments, visuals, videos, etc.) on our platforms, or where we are tagged. In addition, all comments, visuals, videos and other types of material posted by people on our profiles ("User Content") do not necessarily reflect the opinions or ideals of CTSI, its employees, parent company or affiliates.
We encourage users of these profiles to respect fellow community members and the posting guidelines of each social media platform. Please also understand that CTSI reserves the right to remove postings that are:
- abusive, defamatory, or obscene, sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- fraudulent, deceptive or misleading;
- in violation of any intellectual property right of another;
- in violation of any law or regulation;
- not in compliance with the social media platform’s Terms and Conditions;
- solicitation for other products, donations and causes, or
- otherwise offensive, graphically or in tone.
- infringements or potential infringements upon CTSI and all other applicable CTSI policies and procedures, Federal Trade Commission (FTC), Health Informations Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, Human Research Protection Office (HRPO);
- in any way inappropriate or misleading, as determined by CTSI at its sole discretion.
We reserve the right to adjust these rules as needed and to delete content for reasons not stated in this list.
By using our social channels, you agree to comply with these house rules and the platform’s own terms and conditions.