Team Science & Workforce Development
The Institute for Clinical Research Education (ICRE) is the home of the University of Pittsburgh's premier clinical and translational research degree and training programs, as well as the CTSI’s Workforce Development and Team Science Cores.
The ICRE, an avowed anti-racist organization, seeks to improve health outcomes, practice, and policy by creating an equitable, inclusive environment dedicated to educating the next generation of clinical and translational researchers and medical educators.
In collaboration with the CTSI, the ICRE seeks to support the development of strong, inclusive research collaborations by providing:
- Resources and training to support team scientists
- Human Centered Design (HCD) training to optimize research impact
- HCD consultations and facilitation (contact Will Hierholzer at: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Novel metrics to assess collaboration in the promotion and tenure process
- Tools and strategies to enhance teamwork
The ICRE is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art education and training for translational researchers, offering:
- Degree and certificate programs in clinical research
- Innovative, engaging online and hybrid training
- Academic tracks in Innovation, Data Science, and Implementation Science
- Evidence-based mentor training to ensure that trainees thrive
- Demonstrated commitment to building a diverse and inclusive translational workforce