Orientation to Research Fundamentals
CTSI Orientation to Research Fundamentals (ORF) Program is an intensive and interactive workshop consisting of three half-day sessions that cover the basic concepts (and beyond) required to successfully coordinate a research study. It provides an overview of the resources and regulatory requirements for conducting clinical research at the University of Pittsburgh and UPMC. Our speakers are experts in their fields and share their wealth of knowledge and experience with attendees.
Mark your calendar!
The next session of ORF will be held October 3 – 5, 2023.
Registration will open September 1.
Planning to attend? Here’s what to expect:
Biannual, virtual 3 half day program
Over 20 presenters
Resources available for attendees
Continuing Education Credits offered
Contact the RCR Center at email@example.com.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Role of a Research Coordinator
- Study Documentation
- COI Management
- Clinical Research Process
Nuts & Bolts
- Audits & Inspections
- Developmental Landmarks
- Regulations (HRP, sIRB, IBC)
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Diversity & Inclusion in the Clinical Research Workforce
- Informed Consent Process
Tools & Services
- Clinical & Translational Science Institute (CTSI)
- Community Engagement & Trust
- Costs & Billing in Clinical Trials
- Contracts & Grants
- Devices, Drugs, & Biologics
- Investigational Drug Service
- Import/Export of Biological Agents
- Dangerous Goods Shipping
- Clinical Trials Billing Compliance
- Health Record Research Request (R3)