PInCh Resources and Education
Making A Video
Here are a few options and resources to consider. It's important to note that the video production quality does not determine whether a project advances. The content in your video and how you present the problem, solution, and team is what matters.
- How to make a video using PowerPoint
- Sample video using PowerPoint
- Example two-minute video presentation of ideas
- The whole series of minute physics at YouTube:
- The University Library System’s One-Button Video Recording Studio has a video recording studio available. This simplified video recording setup does not require any video production experience. Reserve the studio here: http://library.pitt.edu/one-button.
- The University Center for Teaching and Learning has a professional in-house video production team, employing high-quality video cameras, studio, audio booth, and editing equipment. The primary purpose of Media Production is to provide professional video consulting, planning, and production in support of the academic and educational needs of the University. Due to the complex nature of video production, this is a chargeable service. Costs are based on your production requirements and the costs associated with your project.
Local Innovation and Entrepreneurship
There are a lot of resources available to innovators and entrepreneurs. See below for some resources and activities available here in Pittsburgh. While the PInCh competition is not a business plan competition, many of the ideas and approaches to developing a business can be applied to developing a new idea. In particular, questions about how to sustain and grow a new idea are really part of planning a business and the exercises that are carried out can be valuable in developing an innovative solution in health.
The Innovation Institute provides a comprehensive suite of services for Pitt Innovators, from protecting intellectual property to the commercialization of new discoveries through licensing and/or new enterprise development. The Institute also provides a wealth of educational programming, mentoring, and networking for Pitt faculty, students, and partners.LEARN MORE
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.