Pediatric PittNet is a practice-based research network that supports collaboration between pediatric primary care practices and University of Pittsburgh researchers to improve the health of children. Pediatric PittNet facilitates the translation of pediatric research discoveries into practice.
Pediatric PittNet supports studies covering a range of childhood behavioral and physical health concerns conducted by investigators across multiple schools and departments at the University of Pittsburgh. Pediatric PittNet includes 32 practices with 54 office sites in 13 counties across Western Pennsylvania. Member practices include academic practices, independent pediatric practices, a federally qualified community health center, and hospital-based clinics. Approximately 275 Pediatric PittNet providers serve more than 266,000 privately and publicly insured patients in urban, suburban, and rural settings.
Pediatric PittNet provides several services to support participant recruitment and research activities in pediatric practices:
- On-site recruitment: experienced research nurses/assistants are available to identify, screen, enroll, refer, and conduct follow-up visits
- “Posting” recruitment: includes featured IRB-approved flyers on the PittNet webpage, pediatric practice waiting room e-message boards, and member meetings, newsletters, and emails
- Survey: One-time or reoccurring surveys distributed to network members/patients/families
- Chart review: PittNet research staff reviews patient charts from participating practices according to study needs (e.g., identifying patients for study recruitment mailings, reviewing de-identified provider referrals, etc.)
- Quality or practice improvement studies
- Focus group facilitation
- Grant application support
Please note that this service list is not exhaustive. Due to the needs of each study, please contact our administrator to discuss your specific study needs.
Administrator: Carrie Fascetti, LSW
All research requests and activities must first be approved by Pediatric PittNet before contacting network practices and/or providers. Network providers include physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, practice managers, and behavioral health providers. Please contact our administrator to discuss research requests and recruitment opportunities in Pediatric PittNet practices.