Participant & Clinical Interactions
The CTSI Participant and Clinical Interactions (PCI) Core promotes protocol innovation, quality, and efficiency across the research study life cycle, from conceptualization to dissemination. PCI supports Clinical and Translational Research Centers (CTRCs) and Practice-Based Research Networks (PBRNs) which provide inpatient and outpatient facilities, staff, equipment, laboratory testing, and other resources. PCI resources support research across the lifespan and in specific populations including pregnant women, newborns, children, older adults, individuals with cancer, individuals undergoing physical rehabilitation, and acutely-ill hospitalized patients. PCI research facilities are located within UPMC's Oakland-Shadyside-Lawrenceville hospitals and select UPMC regional outpatient practices.
PCI Core Services
- PCI Research Facilitator program: individualized, in-person consultations to investigators to review projects, identify potential resources, and provide direct assistance throughout the project’s life cycle.
- Regulatory assistance
- Assistance in developing pre-award budgets for research resources
- Letters of support for research resources
- Protocol support including development, feasibility reviews and implementation
- Inpatient and outpatient research facilities
- Staffing to support inpatient and outpatient clinical research procedures
- Sample collection, processing, and storage
- Research drug administration